If you are looking for something meaningful to do with your spare time why not consider volunteering. Here are 10 reasons why you should – in addition, research has shown that volunteering has benefits for your health and welbeing!
- Make a difference – contribute something to your community
- Boost your confidence – update your skills and get up to speed with new technologies and ways or working
- Do something interesting and meaningful with your spare time
- Meet new people – we are a friendly bunch!
- Improve your prospects and add to your CV – nearly one third of the volunteers who leave the service each year go on into paid work.
- Get to know your community
- Put your talents to use – Use it or lose it! Got the gift of languages? Volunteer as an interpreter. A flair for design? Create PR and marketing campaigns
- Enjoy free training – trainee advisors can gain a national QCF Legal Advice qualification through their training and you can take 6 months off your solicitor training
- Gain office-based work experience – Get ahead of the competition for jobs and university places with some real life experience
- We need you! – over 90% of the people who work here are volunteers. We simply wouldn’t be here for our clients without them.
Follow this link to submit your interest in volunteering with us.