Be Scam Aware!
Take our quiz to see how scams aware you rally are!
Our aim is to raise awareness of the extent of scams and the threat they pose to finances and well-being:
- Help people to recognise the tell-tale signs of a scam
- Develop consumer confidence to listen to their gut feeling
- Get advice from Citizens Advice Consumer Service 03454 04 05 06
- Report scams to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040
Scams are schemes to con you out of your money. They can arrive by post, phone call, text message or email or a scammer may turn up at your home.
It could be a scam if:
- the call, letter, email or text has come out of the blue
- you’ve never heard of the lottery or competition they are talking about and didn’t buy a ticket
- you are asked to send money in advance
- you are told you have to respond quickly so I don’t get time to think about it or talk to family and friends before you decide
- you are told to keep it a secret
It’s very distressing to be caught out by a scam. But it’s important to report it to try and stop the scammer striking again!