Citizens Advice Tunbridge Wells & District have experienced a huge increase in demand as the impact of Covid-19 is felt across our community. Our team are now set up to work from home and are providing advice over the phone and via email to help clients find a way forward with their problems. Social distancing and self-isolation have caused many issues especially relating to employment and redundancy, the need to claim benefits and dealing with debt.
Your donations will help us to increase the hours of highly experienced team of paid staff members to deliver specialist advice and support and supervise the work of our excellent volunteers.
You can make a donation by clicking on the ❤️ Donate button on this page.
The Virtual London Marathon
Our target this summer is to build up 50 supporters through the TW Lotto . Every ticket sold for £1 sends a 50p donation our way as well as a 10p donation to other local charities and means you are in with a chance of winning £25,000!
Easy Fundraising is a really easy way to support us. Set up an account and then remember to click through the easyfundraising.org.uk website before you make an online purchase and we will receive a donation.
If you regularly shop with Amazon then you can donate to Citizens Advice at the click of a mouse! Sign into Amazon Smile and select your charity and we will receive a donation from each eligible purchase you make.
There are many people to thank for supporting us in the work we do, including Tunbridge Wells Borough Council and the many local parish councils who choose to make a contribution towards our work.
Increasing pressure on local authority income has meant that we have had to diversify our fundraising approach. In addition to the grant that we continue to receive towards our core work from our local authority, we are extremely grateful to have received grants and support from the following partners and funders:
- The Albert Hunt Trust
- The Austin & Hope Pilkington Trust
- Aviva Community Fund
- Citizens Advice (national charity)
- Colyer Fergusson Charitable Trust
- Coronavirus Community Support Fund
- Councillor Peter Oakford
- Cripps Pemberton Greenish
- Friends of Citizens Advice Tunbridge Wells & District
- Garfield Weston Foundation
- Hollick Family Foundation
- Involve Kent
- Julia and Hans Rausing Trust
- Kent Community Foundation
- Kent County Council
- MS Society UK : Tunbridge Wells District Group
- Tesco Bags of Help
- The National Lottery Community Fund
- The Clothworkers Foundation
- The Cole Charitable Trust
- The Lawson Trust
- The London Legal Trust
- The Mrs Smith and Mount Trust
- The National Emergency Trust
- The Postcode Community Trust
- The Raddon Fund
- The Shaw Trust
- The Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust
- Sir Thomas Smythe Charity
- The Salway Grassroots Fund
- Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
- Whitehead Monckton Charitable Foundation